About The Job:
FinOptimal is seeking a Google Cloud Architect to join our fast-growing, Houston-based engineering team. The candidate will be responsible for the technical design, development, and deployment of our accounting and finance-related SaaS products. They will be joining a small and rapidly growing early-stage startup, where they will have a direct impact on the end-user product and the future direction of the technology stack.
FinOptimal is looking for a highly motivated, highly collaborative self-starter who will own and drive the building of software products on an agile development team. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing, early-stage startup on the ground floor.
At FinOptimal You Will:
- Be responsible for the design, configuration, and deployment of cloud-based services.
- Administration of Google Cloud Platform assets.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on requirements definition, feature design, & development
- Contribute to the design and development of new products and services
- Maintain a high level of quality for deliverySupport products and services in a production environment
Who We Are Looking For:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field.
- Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect Certification preferred.
- 2+ years of working experience as a Google Cloud Architect.
- Working experience deploying and supporting software solutions in a distributed production environment
- Working experience with PostgreSQL, Cloud Run, Cloud Storage, Compute, and Google Cloud Platform networking concepts.
- Knowledge of deploying and monitoring Django applications to Google Cloud.
- Knowledgeable on best practices for deployment to Google Cloud Platform using containers.
- Desire to automate everything.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Independent and self-driven.
- Creative problem solver.
Highly Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Willingness to work in our Houston office, or in a hybrid capacity
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of accounting and financial operations is a major plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- As a ground-floor member of the team, employees are eligible for equity in the form of a generous stock options package
- We offer flexible time off so that our employees can perform their best
- Medical / Dental / Vision & Supplemental Insurance Coverage
○ Full premium paid, full HSA employer contribution if opting to go with the high-deductible plan.
○ Low deductible and out of pocket plan fully paid if opting to not go with the high-deductible plan.
Please note this is an in-person position located in Houston (near Rice Village).