Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager
Houston or New York
At FinOptimal You Will:
- Lead the month-end close process for a portfolio of clients across multiple industries.
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements, while managing a team of associates that support your assigned book of business.
- Field daily client requests and questions, and develop a deep understanding of your clients’ accounting/controller/FP&A needs.
- Identify opportunities for automation and process optimization with respect to accounting workflows.
- Help map out bookkeeping optimization plans for clients (both to onboard new clients and to help other team members understand automated and manual transaction-booking workflows).
- Work with our engineering team to optimize clients’ accounting workflows.
- Train internal team members and clients on best practices as needed.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Love of accounting!
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology.
- Courteous and thoughtful client service focus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of accounting/controller/FP&A experience.
- At least 3-5 years of client-facing/customer service experience.
- Very strong knowledge of accounting best practices, general ledger, and spreadsheets (e.g. Excel and Google Spreadsheets), including knowledge of building models and using Excel functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and respond to time-sensitive requests.
- Ability to think critically to be a thought partner in improving processes.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and data security.
- Strong desire to build and foster a great work culture.
Highly Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- CPA and/or public accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online
You would communicate primarily by email, phone, and Zendesk (our CRM for client request handling). Hours are reasonably flexible, but performance standards are high.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Equity Options
- Medical / Dental / Vision & Supplemental Insurance Coverage
Please note this is an in-person position located in Houston (near Rice Village) or New York (Brooklyn Heights)