What we're looking for:
An experienced accountant with strong project management and team development skills to lead our Services business line and report directly to the Founder & CEO. The Accounting & Operations Director should be comfortable building and managing a team of accountants. The ideal candidate has experience handling complex accounting scenarios, hiring accountants at all levels (from intern to senior manager), and will be comfortable working cross functionally with FinOptimal’s Growth, Engineering, and Implementation teams.
At FinOptimal you will:
- Have a unique opportunity to mold FinOptimal’s Services business line to fit with the strategic vision of the company, and participate in the refinement of our strategic vision, including what services are offered, the organizational structure of the services business, and more.
- Continue building our team of tech savvy accountants by:
○ Attracting, interviewing, hiring, and developing talent.
○ Enhancing and developing training materials to expedite new hire onboarding
○ Collaborating with leadership to set the organizational structure of the Services business to fuel employee development
- Provide FinOptimal’s portfolio of clients an amazing client experience by managing your team, and at times performing tasks yourself if needed, to ensure:
○ The month-end close process is completed timely
○ Client requests and questions are answered timely
○ Client onboarding and off-boarding occurs smoothly
- Work cross functionally with Growth to:
○ Review pricing, employee time spent on engagements, and margins to identify opportunities to optimize
○ Collaborate on pricing model
○ Participate in sales calls as needed
- Work cross functionally with Engineering to:
○ Identify and prioritize opportunities to improve FinOptimal’s proprietary automation to optimize the service business
○ Participate in discussions around product roadmap, and provide feedback on FinOptimal’s Software business line products pre-release
Who we are looking for:
- 7+ years of accounting experience including managing multiple clients and a team of accountants.
- Mastery of accounting best practices, general ledger, and spreadsheets (e.g. Excel and Google Spreadsheets), including knowledge of building models and using Excel functions.
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology.
- Strong desire to build and foster a great work culture.
- Courteous and thoughtful client service focus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and respond to time-sensitive requests.
- Ability to think critically to be a thought partner in improving processes.
- Exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills and the ability to create close partnerships
with engineers, designers, and sales.
- An analytical and curious mindset, using data to drive your decision making process
Highly Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Willingness to work in office, or in a hybrid capacity
- CPA and a mix of public and private accounting experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks Online
You would communicate primarily by email, phone, and Zendesk (our CRM for client request handling). Hours are reasonably flexible, but performance standards are high.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Equity Options
- Medical / Dental / Vision & Supplemental Insurance Coverage
○ Full premium paid, full HSA employer contribution if opting to go with the high-deductible plan.
○ Low deductible and out of pocket plan fully paid if opting to not go with the high-deductible plan.
Please note this is an in-person position, located in either Houston (near Rice Village) or New York (Brooklyn Heights).